Banner Management Addon (BMA) Manual (v. 4.x.x)
Posted by Lena Kosyakova on 23 June 2008 07:06 PM
Banner Management Addon (BMA) Manual (v. 4.x.x)|
Banner Management Addon is a versatile addon that allows you to manage your own banners and configure the display of banners in various locations of your website.
BMA is sold separately and is installed by our Support staff free of charge.
1. After Installation:
You may find the Banner Management Addon tab in Admin panel -> Site Layout -> Banners.
2. Adding Banner Group:
First you need to add a New Banner Group (for example, “topbanner”).
You may define the following properties for a group:
- short description
- maximum size (height and width) of a banner in the group
The system ignores a banner’s size if the “Max Image Size” values are empty.
- Flash – indicates if a swf-file is used. There is no “Delay Time,s” property for such banners, hits and clicks are not countered. The “Show, times” property is used instead of the “Delay Time,s”.
In case a group has at least one banner, you are unable to delete the group. The editing is also limited; you may only change the name of a group and its description.
3. Adding Banners to Banner Group:
After a group is added, you may edit its content (edit or add banners) through the “Edit & View Banners” link.
You need to indicate the following in order to add a non-Flash banner:
- Image file – you may use the gif, png, jpg/jpeg file formats.
- Delay time, s – the time a banner is displayed in seconds.
- Link URL – the URL where a banner is linked to.
- Active – you may make a banner active manually.
You need to indicate the following in order to add a Flash banner (within a “Flash”ed banner group):
- Flash file – you may use the gif, png, jpg/jpeg file formats.
- Show, times – the number of times a banner is shown.
Flash banners rotate when a page is reloaded (refreshed).
You may change the order of banners arrangement by clicking red arrows “up” or “down”.
You also may edit any banner’s settings.
4. Insert Code to Display Banners:
After you’ve created a group and added banners there, you may insert the code to display banners on your site: Site Layout -> Page Templates -> choose one of the pages listed there, for example, main.tpl.
On your right you may see the dropdown lists for Modules and for Functions. You need to choose the “miscellaneous” module and the “rotate” function underneath. Also please define the “group_id” parameter – the ID of a banner group.