How to install ionCube Loader to your server.
Posted by Lena Kosyakova on 14 March 2008 06:17 PM
Running iAuto, iRealty and iLister with ionCube-encoded core:
iAuto, iRealty and iLister are distributed in packages which have a tiny part of the application encoded with ionCube encoder and thus, require ionCube loader to run the encoded files.
ionCube Loader is an extension to PHP interpreter which allows execution of ionCube-encoded files. Most of modern hosting providers already have ionCube Loader available on hosting servers. In this case no additional action is required to use iAuto, iRealty or iLister with encoded core.
In case when your server does not have ionCube Loader installed you can install ionCube yourself by placing loaders next to software installation. Such installation is only possible when server configuration permits dynamic loading of php extensions. If dynamic loading is not enabled on your server you have to ask your server administrator or hosting support to install ionCube Loader system-wide.
Steps to install ionCube Loader to your site:
1. Go to http://www.ioncube.com/loaders.php. This page has comprehensive instruction on selecting appropriate package and installation of loaders.
2. Download archived package suitable for your operating system. ionCube Loader package is an archive with only one “ioncube” directory which contains loaders for various PHP versions and a helper PHP script.
3. Unpack the archive and upload “ioncube” directory to your hosting server to the root folder of iAuto, iRealty or iLister installation.
4. Alternatively, if your hosting’s cpanel has archive extraction capability, you can upload ionCube Loader package to the root of software installation and unpack it with cpanel.
5. Test the loader by pointing your browser to
and following instructions on the screen.